Finding and keeping good employees is always difficult but it’s been an even bigger challenge recently. One way to show potential employees you’re the employer of choice is to offer health insurance. Here are a few reasons:
- Attract good employees: This is one of the most challenging labor markets we’ve faced, it’s very difficult to attract and keep good employees right now. Employees see value in health insurance and it gives them a reason to choose you instead of a competitor.
- Stable & motivated workforce: When offering health insurance, you are investing in your employees. You’re showing them that you have their best interests in mind and value their job performance. This can help you to build a tight knit team that will stay for years.
- Improve productivity: When they are covered, employees are more likely to go for preventive services or see a doctor when sick. Health insurance coverage allows your employees to be healthier, return to work quicker, and stay on the job. Keeping employees on the job improves the productivity of your workforce.
- Improve morale: Health insurance benefits can increase morale throughout your staff and generate a positive culture. When employees feel valued, they are more likely to have a good attitude and be more positive at work.
- Tax benefits: There is also a potential tax benefit to offering health insurance; you may be able to deduct your health plan contributions. This is not always the case and we recommend that you speak with a financial or legal advisor before taking advantage of this possible tax benefit.
Offering quality group health insurance benefits to your employees can be a good way to differentiate your operation from other employers helping attract qualified, skilled workers, decrease turnover rates. Healthcare is complicated, there are many options and factors to consider that could make the process seem overwhelming and confusing. Gannon Associates Insurance has been providing health insurance to businesses of all size and type for nearly 50 years. One of our team members can help guide you through the complexities of health insurance. We’ll design a plan that meets your needs and your budget.
If you’re already offering health insurance, or have questions regarding the Affordable Care Act, we can help make sure you’re covered correctly and if your business has changed recently, a review of your plan is a really good idea. Give us a call today at 1-866-426-6667 or visit our website at gannonassociats.com for more information on what we can offer. We look forward to hearing from you!